Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ramadhan at SMTG

Oh MY GOD! Is is here already? Ramadhan ish here. Syuuukuur~



Oh, hello again :) Ramadhan has already entered its second week and this is the first time I actually get to experiance how fasting works when you live in the Hostels. It's not that fun I tell you! THE HORROR~!!! . . . . . . . . . Well, let's simply put it as not easy and diffcult. Heck? They mean the same. Okay, let's start shall we?

Unlike everyday at home where I can wake up at 5a.m. to have my "sahur", that's usually the same time I wake up to take my bath at the Hostels. So, I had to wake up extra early to have my sahur, at 4.30a.m. The DM(eating hall) prepares food for the students who wants to have "sahur" there but I'm just too lazy to get my butt down there anyway. So yea, I took out my early breakfast like cereal and milk or my maggie mee and eat up. I drink Milo to satisfy my last minutes of "sahur."

Ramadhan is full of Anticipations ;)
Sahur hasn't been a big bother. But when it came down to break fast, it always became a problem. On the first two days was okay when the students are still learning how to preserve seats at the small number of tables and chairs at the DM but after that it became a fuss! They labeled the chairs with their dorms and names and I didn't do anything about it. I had a hard time afterwards getting a spot for myself to break fast at the DM. AHHH~!

Normally the DM will cook us one type of their main course; chicken or fish but now they cook BOTH! haha. terpaksa amik ikan XP They even cooked porrigde but I didn't take it cause I'll be sure to get a round tummy afterwards. I cannot manage too many food at once. I even bought my own drink eventhough they prepared fruit juice. I like the canteen's juice better.

Because we reserve our spots at the DM early about 6.30p.m. we kinda' felt so lazy or just excited enough about the food, we have to do something else filling in the time before we can break our fast for real, at 7.20p.m. One of our activities is solving ADD MATHS problems. LOL Doing homework silly!

After breaking our fast, off to the school mosque. We done out Marghrib and Isyak prayers and further on was the Terawih prayers. The Terwaih is only done during the Ramadhan month and I never-ever done it before so I was excited to know how and see how it was done. YAY!
That's just about all the things I can write about my first week fasting at SMTG. Waking up early at 4.30, no prefect duties during recess, no recess! of cause... a full house at the DM, Terawih until 9.30 so our prep time was reduced. We also didn't came to prep in the evenings. BAHAGIENYER... lalalala~




No comments:

Post a Comment