Monday, November 7, 2011

J-Drama: Last Friends

Enough of K-drama, I moved to watch a little J-drama. So this time I watched a Japanese Drama called "Last Friends". I've been quite intrigued by the idea of wanting to watch it for a long time now since the DVD of this drama has been on the shelves at shops and I didn't pay attention to it until now. But now I've had some time, I watched it somehow, non-stop on my lappy here - "This a quite a difficult drama to watch." Very indeed. It has lots to do with conflicts I never thought of getting myself into but I believe it really happens in real life. What conflicts? - Domestic Violence, Gender Identity Disorder, Incest. From one episode to one episode I took a great deal of brain power to digest every situation happening in that drama to pull out the message that was trying to be conveyed in it. I'm not good at making assumptions but I had my own opinions of life around me.
In short about "Last Friends", the story revolves around Michiru and her best friend from middle school Ruka as they once met again after being separated for 4 years. Michiru moves in with her boyfriend Sousuke, a civil worker but as time moves on with them both living together, Sousuke used violence against Michiru. This leads to Michiru asking Ruka for help and protection. Ruka lives in a sharehouse with Eri and stewardess, and her senior Ogura, plus Takeru, moves in afterwards. Problems on the surface, Michiru being fearful towards Sousuke because using violence to take control over Michiru; Ruka as a motocross racer being fearful of a gender disorder, Takeru hiding a secret that he cannot tell about his trauma. Whether all these problems will dissolve while all of them living together and saving each other holds happiness for them in the future when it was already impossible. [I don't think I want to give away spoilers of the ending because this drama has a very sad ending.]


Photos of the people living in the sharehouse, and their cups. Cuuutteee~ !

I would like to recommend people to watch this drama because I'm sure that not many people would understand the conflict that some people have which some will keep secret. I think we can take the hidden message implied in this drama as a clue to what we; as a society can do to help our friends and support each other when life gets hard. I can't really write a good message about the drama but I found another blogger who wrote one that left a deep impression about this drama in myself.

Clicky here: The Hidden Message.
 [Okay it's someone's review on the last episode.]

Even though watching this drama gave a hard time to understand and everything but I can really get into it and try to understand how the characters must be feeling. And to have the tragic conclusion to their problems, AH THE MISERY!!! WHY? So people, watch Last Friends and who knows who might be your last friend in your life. Have a nice day.


1 comment: