Sunday, June 19, 2011

Someone's down! HELP!

I went to my younger siblings's Sport's Day today. What happen today that made me thought for a while is this: "What's the child's state of mind when they see another's problems?"

Okay, you might not understand what I meant but I'll tell you what happened. I was was watching over the track from in between bleechers. There was a spot wide open there with a lot of children running up and down the stairways and whatsoever. Then it caught to my attention there was this boy; a participant of the track race lying on the floor. It was improper of cause so I talked to him kindly,

"What's wrong? Are you alright? You don't look too good."
"I'll be alright. I'm just a bit warm."
"You're not alright. Go to the washroom and wash up."

That's what I told him, because it was already hot in the afternoon. When I turned away a second and back to him, he already puked. It wasn't a nice thing to see.

"Hey! You're not alright! Get up and get yourself to the washroom." I helped him up. I looked around for somebody to help though. That's why I wondered. Don't anyone care about them? Don't the teachers know or how to take care of their students? It's normal for these children to puke up or get hurt at a sports day like this and they don't do anything about this at all? I'm very disappointed.

Second of all, as a fellow school-mate, would you have a friend to be in this situation, would you just watch from afar and see them struggle alone like this? Be ashamed of yourselves and think. Today might be his day, tomorrow would be yours. Children would think: "I don't know him. Maybe somebody else would help him." Or,"Eww... gross." Hey, give me a break. He's humiliated enough for the accident.

Anyway, that's what I was planning to share with you all for now. I hope you can give a thought about this and try to figure what you can do if something like this would ever occur again in your place. Until then, Salam...

No comments:

Post a Comment