Saturday, June 18, 2011

More Korean Drama?

I know the title sucks for those who dislike Korean but screw it. I'm a proud Malaysia to feel free to like any sorts of genre and drama from any other country. Does liking something is such a bad thing? Okay, storp with this crap before I blabber something longer than this.

Okay!

I have officially watched my 2nd Korean drama in my life: He's Beautiful. Yea, the famous drama: He's Beautiful starred by Park Shin-hye (Go Mi Nam (Male) / Go Mi Nyu (Female)), Jang Geun Suk (Hwang Tae Kyung), Lee Hong Ki (Kang Shin Woo) and Jung Yong Hwa (Jeremy). In a nutshell I can simplify the whole story, it started with a girl, Go Min Yu posing for her twin brother Go Mi Nam as a new member super star of the famous A.N.Jell until her twin could return from the U.S from surgery. Posing as a girl was diffcult enough when the leader of A.N.Jell, Hwang Tae Kyung doesn't like him/her very much. I'll stick with him, kay? But Go Mi Nyu got through as Go Mi Nam and there she starts a whole new life as a famous Korean star.

Typical story right? I knew right from the start that this love story will end that this Hwang Tae Kyung will fall in love with Go Mi Nam's twin and bla bla bla... So why did I bother watching it more? HAHA. If someone loves drama and movies so much, of cause they'll stick through the story from the start till the end. So, what happens to this posing Go Mi Nam and A.N.Jell?

Another clise part of the story that pisses me off when all the members of the group actually, oblivously loves one girl which is Go Mi Nam. Aiyoo... Tae Kyung is so oblivious not knowing he actually likes the girl and not see how she likes him back. Shin Woo just looks after the girl from afar knowing her secret and everything but never wants to confess from the start. You can say he's posing for a brotherly figure for Go Mi Nam. I was like: "If you like the girl, why don't you confess real soon? Stupid Shin Woo, say something already!" He wants the girl to find him that much he lost his chance to the love birs's story. Not to forget, Jeremy, he's thought he was gay? He was too dense to see that Go Mi Nam was a girl and thought he was gay for liking her. Though I had to admit, when he found out he was utterly cute and more adorable. He was like; "Go Min Nam, I looovveee you~" ready to hug her but Tae Kyung and Shin Woo just dragged him away as possible from Go Mi Nam.
Haih~ Bored reading already? I know. I watched the drama dvd my aunt gave me from Johor and I just watched it non-stop. How could I not say a word about it? I enjoyed it. I was irritated with the love triangle: Sin Woo loves Mi Nam when he knows she loves Tae Kyung the best. But Tae Kyung doesn't know he likes Mi Nam in return and thought she likes Sin Woo better. That's a love triangle alright. But to be honest what irritates me the most, I was questioning: "When is the real Go Mi Nam coming back? Get him back! Bring him back!" When it was episode 15, with the last episode left(episode 16) only then he seems to exist. "Wow, you're surgery took ever long Go Mi Nam."

But that didn't serve any more greater objective to the story anyway when it's ending with A.N.Jell not seeing Go Mi Nyu. She had done everything she had to in her brother's place. Singing, preforming, modeling, finding their lost mother and the truth to their family. Bla bla bla. I don't want to give out more spoilers because it will only hurt the fans. LOL.

Overall, I'll give 7 out of 10 because of character background, storyline, and MUSIC! The OST was superb! My favourite is: Without Words by Park Shin Hye. Here's a video of the song: (also a little bit of the story. hehee.)


And yeah I know, her voice is obvious to identify he is a she. But in the story, they say that Go Mi Nam has a voice sounds like the Heavens. Anyway, this is a mixed version. I think it's a fan version but I like it. So, thumbs up if you like it too and you can always check out the other songs from the OST of He's Becautiful. They're awesome, I'm sure of it. Don't get up saying: "Do you even understand what they're singing?" Duhh, you can always find translations. If you understand English, find english translations. That is what learning other languages is for Malaysians. Stop ranting us Korean fans and get lost if you still don't like the idea.

Because I find learning many languages is an amazing thing. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment