Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ready, Set, ACTION!

Hi random bloggers. Here's another scoop from me at SMTG. LOLZ. I gotta' tell you, I won't be here for like another one whole week and I hope you guys will still catch up with my random posts not knowing when I'll write again. Okay? What am I blabbering about. Read my title? Another funfill action of my extra-ordinary simple game at SMTG. My school held an English skets a few weeks ago for all the form four students and it was great! I can still remember the last time I did a skets at Hillcrest, so....... yesh :) I miss old times. Just like the Choral Speaking experiance, I had to cooperate with my noisy classmates of 4 Electrical 4 to make this English skets a BLAST for everyone too see.

As foretold by our English teacher, again, (it seems like she knows everything!) there will an English skets, conducted by the Enlish Society for the form 4 students. The skets must be based on from one of the short stories or the poems from the Literature text book. Yes, that small blue textbook. That gave me a jump! Okaayy~ In this skets will be a Director, Scriptwritter, Props manager and...... actors and actresses! In just a blink of an I, I simply was elected as the SCRIPTWRITER! Not very surprising. I saw that coming. Our Director was Qayyum, I guess he was okay. Among all the literature we learnt, at first I wanted to do "Sonnet 18" but Lidiya protested. "Too little actors" she said. "Let's do the Necklace." Sure!

After this and that, discusing who would take part doing pops and what scenes will be done, the script was done, the director was ready, the actors had agreed, props were set to go, we practiced! But with sooo little time, we only practice for 2 days. I repeat, "2 DAYS!" Imagine practicing for 2 days the actors and actresses yelling that their not satisfied. "COOPERATE PEOPLE!" is what Ruqayya yelled throught practice. Take note she is the main actress acting as Mathilde. I had to act as well since there were so few of us girls and we had to do a dancing scene which was difficult. ;P

The big day came and we dressed just fine bringging all the props to the big hall. 4E4 was ready!




p/s: I'll put a video A.S.A.P it will tell you the whole story much more clearly.

It was mixture of romance and comedy to our point of view. I think it's the most fun for us personally. YAY~!!!

THE END...

AWARDS.. AWARDS..
Best skets: 2nd place.
Best Actress: Ruqayya
Best Scriptwritter: ME!!! XDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment