Saturday, August 1, 2009

10th Law Olympiad


Heck? This is going to be my first Law Olympiad and I hope it will be my last. I dunno? OMG. On the 25th of July 2009, I entered my first Law Olympiad at Damansara Heights. Here's the story.

"What?! What do you mean I'm entering a contest this Saturday?!" I shouted pointlessly at Ashman.

"Yes..." he answered boringly.

"OMG!" I shouted again. Letting the whole class of 4 civil 2 hearing my cries.

Yea, I was creating a pointless scene pulling Ashman into the center of everything. I was freaking out for no reason too.

"How could I possibly enter this competition? What is this all about?"

"I don't know. Ask Arif. We're in the same team. You know him right?" Ashman showed me the contest rules and regulations paper.

"OMG! No way. Law is soooo out of my league."

"Relax.... and have FUN!" he reminded me with his usual smile.

So I dashed off while he and his class enters the library. Running up the stairs, hoping to pass Arif's class on the way. Okay, I will pass his class anyway cause his class is in front the staircase. DUHH!

"OMG! Arif!" OMG is the only thing I had in mind. Ignore that. So I ran up to him. "I had to enter this Law thingy with you???"

"Yes, teacher want us to enter this competition." said Arif giving me the rules paper again.

"I don't want to enter this competition!" Heck.

"I don't know. Anyway, we're in the same team and Ashman aswell."

"I know! Do you have any idea what is this all about?"

"Ah! Who cares. With you on the team, we won't have any problems right?"

DUHH! How should I know? This is stupid.

That was my first impression when I first heard I was going to enter this competition. After a long talk with Cik Julia and thought things over, I made my decion to go along with it anyway. If Iwas still crazy over things, I would recklessly choose not to go and end up making my group failing to enter the competition. I'm such a nice girl and follow along.

So, in this competition, I was in SMTG's group A along with:

Arif 4M2
Ashman 4A2
Mustaffa 4E3 and;
Aysha 4A3

Yay~! At least I'm familiar with all of these guys or I'll be extra nervous being a crowd full of strangers. There was also group B with people like Ku Zaiharuddin and Al-Harith in it with some other guys I'm not so sure their names are. We suppose to be gathering at the canteen at 7 a.m. that Saturday and ready to be going to Damansara Heights on the SMTG's school van. All 12 of us including the teachers.

25th of July:

In the morning, I set my alarm at 5a.m. cuz Aysha reminded me to wake up early to get dressed so we wouldn't be late for anything. So I did and gather up myself to wake up while everyone was still sleeping. DARN sleepy heads. I tried my best not to disturb the soundless Ehsan 6 and walked out the dorm to the toilet. AH! Malin, Shila! Korang bangun gak? Bagus gk kwn2 aku dua org nieh. I stopped at Ehsan 8 where Aysha stayed but why was it empty? How am I going to wake Aysha if dunno where she was? OH NO! After that, I put on my school uniform, and hear the morning prayer call from the school's mosque. Everyone was rising up from their beds. AWAKE at last. There were still some of them asking why I'm in my school uniform. "DUHH I have the Law Olympiad today" Takpe, mamai lagik XD Gerak ke surau.

At 7.00 a.m. Aysha was ready. I was already set to go but I told Aysha I was going to call my mom for a sec. Mintak berkat laa! Apa lagi?

"Hurry up! The teacher others will be there soon." she said.
"Relax. I'm not finished yet!" I whipered across the phone to Aysha while talking to my mom.

Okay finish. So we ran to the canteen like we were 10 minutes late or something. Come on, relax alright? When we got there, not suprisingly, no one is there yet except for us. But in the distance we saw Musttafa just arrived. He's an outsider unlike us. I did warned him not to be late and he did what he was told. GOOD BOY. About 10 minutes later, our beloved teacher Cik Julia arrived. After seeing a few of us at the canteen she was worried. Where were the others? So we had the same thought exactly! Thank GOD Arif came. Next was Ashman. Yea! Our group was complete but Group B was still short on members. One of them was unidentifies I forgotten why, the second one was a girl in class 4A2.

"Ashman, isn't this girl the same class as you?" I stared daggers at him.
"I don't know her at all. Some unpopular girl I think." ignoring my stare.
"How cruel to say that." was my reply looking very bored.

So, what's next? Finding a replacement? Teacher asked me or Aysha to look for this girl who's name was 'Farah' something... From block F supposingly. Aysha said so and I ran towards block F without Aysha. She said she was still sleepy. Oh GOD, why me?!

7.30a.m. I arrived back at the canteen telling that 'Farah' balik kampung. HAHA! We all went =O haah! terngaga cikgu. hihihihiks. "Go and find some replacements." said the teacher to the boys. Ashman and Arif did so and went to their blok B and get some smart headed friends some we won't waste any more time. And so they came back with two other guys as replacements. YAY! Finally we're off? Yes, we are. In the van, there was one song me and Aysha were interested in. Halo by Beyonce. HAHA nyanyi laa... untill we arrived there, I kept on talking with Ashman and Arif all the way.

At Damansara Heights, there was this tall building at Jalan Pudu, I dunno what's it name. Heck. But we saw lots of students. Chinese students. Heck again. Doesn't look like there will be many Malay students competing, will there? Second question, we will be the only Technical school competing in this event, aren't we? Should be expected anyway. After our registration, we head out to a near bakery shop and buy ourselves some treates before the competition but Cikgu Julia was paying. Thanks teacher. :] It was breakfast time. Yum yum.



The Law Olympiad started at 9 a.m. and the 10 of us had to seat seperately according to our group numbers. Me and 4 others were in group 8 and group B was number 24. I think? There were written our school names hanging above our tables and I felt proudly seeing the SMT Gombak paper hanging above my head untill I realize, how awkward seeing the other schools were all written SMK. SMK. SMK. Oh how awkward was that feeling?! I haven't been labelled and SMK student for months and I wouldn't be one again in my life! Okay, after that, a breif talk about the Law Olympiad and the rules.. bla bla bla.. talking about the games we're about to be seated in.

The games begin! Okayy~ I don't want to tell the whole scoop cause I guess you're already bored reading this but to make things short: the games were mostly like case solving and using facts to solve every question. In the group I'm in, we were helping each other out. I've done most of the writting, Ashman did a lot of annalysing and so did Musttafa. Aysha did some reading and Arif made lots of drafts. But in all of that, we had so little time. Most of the games, we haven't completed much but let it go cause chances we had we sooo damn low.

"It's okay. Who's winning anyway?"



After 5 long games, we had free lunch! YAY :) Ayam rendang was on the menu. YUM YUM. Hostel recidences are going to jealous. Oh yea~! After lunch, it was back to the hall again but in a different way. They were going to show us a real practical court act. It was fun. We, the audience were the juri fot this court, and I say, "He is NOT guilty!" LOLZ


At 3p.m. we head back to SMTG. All of us were tired and slept through the journey back. How quiet we were. I guess, that Law olympiad was really something, yea? Teacher was hoping to send us for next year Olympiad if our school got invited again. OH NO teacher! I think NOT!

1 comment:

  1. ahahaha~
    teringat balek,
    aku tengkar ngan mus,
    tak guna nyer mus,

    >.>

    ReplyDelete