Friday, April 24, 2009

K.A.T. Idol

You do understand what is K.A.T right? "Kejohanan Antara Teknik" Anyway, K.A.T. Idol is competition I just entered last Wednesday. K.A.T. I dol is actually a singing competition if any of you didn't get what I'm saying. YAY! :D Oh, well, some news then.



I never actually planned on entering but I was told about this just the other day sooner that Monday after coming back from SMT Klang (refer to my softball post). I was extreamly tired and fell down with a fever. I don't what happen. Soon I realize I didn't get to know my own health until my classmates said something about me being so slow in class. *sighs* Because of my fever I miss out on Coir practice. A LOT! When I went to join the choir practice sooner that evening, I met the teacher in charge. She said I might not able to catch up so she ffered me the K.A.T Idol instead. Without further thinking I said, "Yes," when she said it was a solo singing competition. I was happy :) But the bad news came soon after. I had to sing two songs. One song had to be a purely Malay song and a song of our choice. I was given a list of songs to choose from for the first song. I had no idea what songs were they on the list. I thought I was DOOMED~!

Finally I made up my mind to sing these two songs: Damak and Siapa Aku.
I tried my best to get used singing the two songs and did my best to remember the lyrics. I never sand a tradional song like 'Damak' before. I'm tottally nervous. But the choir team which I used to train with help me a lot with my confidence and singing preformance. Thanks a lot :D

So soon, I went to the competition which was held in SMT Shah Alam (22/4). It was a school with many students and friends I might know from the Sofball tournament. But I don't get to meet them all. It's okay. Let me tell ya': "The school environment looks amazing. I love the hostel especially." X) Anyway, we did a sound test before the competition. I got to watch a few contestant preform before me but when it was my turn, my CD wasn't working. I expected that earlier too but I was afraid to admitt it. So my original plan was canceled. I had to change my course entirely. The songs and the stage preformance. I had a hard time searching for two new songs for myself to present that night. Even my teacher got fed up and my friend who suppose to be accompanying me got tired. It was getting dark, but finally I chose my two songs, thanks to some teachers present at that school hall. I decided to sing: Joget Pahang and Terlalu Istimewa.

On that night, I was number 4 in the line. I dressed up neatly but I saw most of the other contestance were beautifully dressed unlike me. They are more prepared compared to me. I'm like a green leaf unaware about what to do. I tried talking to them as well. They were friendly but I was nervous so I kept quiet most of the time during the show. All of them, we SENIORS~! Looks like I'm really the green leaf in line. Eventhough it's so, the show must go one and when it was my turn. I tried to act like nothings wrong with a smile on my face which was totally plastic. The experiace was tiring and the show I hope to present went wrond in certain ways so I was deeply disappointed. It was my first song but it was okay. They say it's a first time for me, you should stay relaxed and have fun. My mother advice, put your heart into it. I haven't forget that until the end of my second song. I was pleased with it. I got an outstanding response and I returned home with a sense of fullfilation in myself. My friend and I returned back to the hostel around 12.00 midnight with the light all off but nobody was around surprsingly.

"Haven't they went to bed? Their prep class should be over by now," so I thought. It was then, the light went on and all of my friends returned from night prep. So they haven't gone to sleep yet. funny :) They asked when did I get back? They thought I was coming back the day after. Asking wether I won or not. The truth was, "I couldn't stay at the competition until the end so I didn't know the results were. Sadly to say, I couldn't bring back any victory I suppose and I was so damn tired." But my experiance there was my personal victory. I have realized one of my personal dreams to be singing among a familiar crowd for what I like doing. I have broaded my sights little by little and that what matters to me.

Thank you to everyone who helped me to make it this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment