Tuesday, April 21, 2009

OMG Pengakap G99!

I am terribly sorry. I wanted to write this post sooner but I didn't realize how mindlessly of me to leave home without writting about my experiance during the Scouts Marching competition last month in March. So, within a flash I'll tell you what has been going on.

There has been a Marching competition held on the 28th of March for all scouts which in Malaysia is refered to 'Pengakap'. My school SMT Gombak sent two groups of scouts to enter this event. One; is the boys group and two; is the girls group. I was there myself participating. We practice long and hard for this event and we were extreamly nervous. The scouts have to preform two styles of March. Firstly is the 'Dinamic'; where all the basic marching skills are need to been shown, secondly are formations preformed by each squad. Every scout squad normally have up to 4 formations. I don't know if they only have 3 or less or maybe they can preform 5. But I bet they don't since there are rules. I really like all the formations so far but at times I really had hard times remembering all the steps during practice. Practice was ever-hard-to-kill? I may say true. We practiced day and night and been punished several times for our endless mistakes. I guess it's worth it since that day of the competition.

The avenue was SMK Hillcrest. My dear old school. I was truly excited as we got there. SMKHC was the host of this competition last year too and both groups of the Pengakap won 1st place. My wish was to beat them of cause. There's no other better competition than old friends.

My school's boy scout squad preformed first above every school and the our girl's squad preformed at the very last of the line. So much for an opening and ending for the competition. Pretty lucky pick huh? :D Anyway, everything looks great and I really had a good time watching some schools preform their marching skills especially Hillcrest but I didn't get to see the girls part of the show. :( Anyway, when it was our turn, all of our nervous were forgotten instantly and we tried our best. Unfortunately, some of us still made mistakes in the end. But there was a great relief after all that hard effort of putting on a great show for out part of our school and we knew we did our best.

Gradually, we actually earn our prize! SMTG's girl scout squad won 'Third Place'. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment