Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Drama

February Drama...


I haven't been updating my blog that I came lost in my tracks of past events so briefly I'll tell this tale of mine happened during February. Indeed it has been fulled of drama. "Life has always been a drama," - quoted from my Language and Drama lecturer.

First significant remembered event happened during 3rd February - My Asasi friends and I went to a Lab Rats' 2.0 performance at Kuala Lumpur, somewhere somewhere I can't remember the place but it's definately somewhere new to me. It was after marghrib we set out on our outing to this small room like a huge box. Inside was pitch black, only the light from a projector was lighting up our way to the seats. A diamond shaped stage was in the center of the place as we took our place either in front of it, or at right or left of it.

There were several performances acted out by various of people including my seniors of TESL UiTM Shah Alam including my new lecturer of Drama class. He was the reason why most of us came to watch this performance. He invited us; if he didn't I was already at home watching K-drama or something. *smirks* Okay, I fairly enjoyed all the stage performances and clapped awfully loud for them. Something worth while for me to begin my February drabbles.
photo cr: Hazreen Syaza

26th February... Second significant event - My Readers' Theater. Gosh I was excited truthfully, at the same time nervous. I never thought I was going to be so nervous for other people would come and watch me dramatize on stage. Usually I would feel calm before if I did it with friends, but it was different. How? Was is it because it was assessed? Or was it because I had a significant role to play in the theater? Nevertheless, it has been done. And I do want to thank Muhd Nurhaziq very much for coming to support me. He came all the way to INTEC from Puncak Alam taking along his assignments with him just to do so. He's really a good friend indeed.

It was challenging indeed, there was a blackout throughout the whole Section 17 campus which delayed out show. It rained heavily making everyone uncomfortable but alhamdulilah around 4.45p.m the electricity power turned back on again and the show began.

My class performed first and in smaller groups we took turned telling our readers' theater stories. We rehearsed several times before so we understood each other stories before and were told how essential how interaction was. When others were telling a story, we had fun even by just watching. What made the theater so happening that before our turn started, some seniors gave up an energy boost and we were all pumped up for the show. Even when the show had ended, with curtains closed completely, we cheered in satisfaction! Either it was for our Drama assessment was completely over or we did our theater our very best or both. We really had fun. :D


So that's the end of my Drama for My Foundation Programme. I'm awaiting for more drama showcases the next stage of my life. May it be the sweetest surprise yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment