Friday, January 16, 2009

Trying out a Sport

I'm NOT athlethic. That is a real fact. If I sprint a 100 metre track, you'll find me laying in a hospital. Not Really. But I can get easily sick with my weak self estime in sports. For I have many bad experiance during sports events which made my self confidence drop greatly but know, I want to come back alive on the field.

Currently, I'm still getting used to my new schedule in school but I'm pretty sure I won't be burden by any sports and activities this year. Yesterday; which was Thursday, I went to the Softball tryouts at my school. It was sunny and clear. Not a single rain cloud in the sky. The clear sky was a good sign until it gotten pretty hot that I realized during practice, I could easily faint. But I didn't. I don't want to faint personally or the teacher would think I won't be up to it.

There were only a few girls participated in the practice so the coach didn't actually pick any of us into the team yet. We did throwing and catching first. all the girls except me was in the last years team so it wasn't a good start; for me. The teacher tried make me feel welcome and my partner who played catch with me, tried to encourage my skills so far. Besides that, everyone around me was teaching me. That was greatrully helping me to improve. THANK YOU.

The sooner we proceed the practice, it was getting hotter and hotter. I was loosing my focus and the ball kept on falling out of my glove which was on my right hand. I'm left-handed. After almost 2 hours of practice, it ends. I wnet home very tired with no feeling of wanting to eat afterwards, I took a cool refreshing shower and went to sleep. Thank goodness, NO HOMEWORK!

The next day, the body aches soooo much. Especially the legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment